Earth Day: What Can You Do To Go Green?
Happy Earth Day! Once a year on this day we all take the time to appreciate our planet. There are so many ways to help out mother nature, planting trees, beach clean-ups and even just taking a few minutes to research ways to be more eco-friendly and make your carbon footprint much smaller. The first Earth Day was in 1970- that was 46 years ago! Check out EarthDay.org for information on Earth Day events going on near you!
Here are a few cheap and easy changes you can make to go green and help save our planet this Earth Day:
- Make sure to turn your computer off all the way after you use it. If you put it into sleep mode, it’s still sucking up energy.
- Use rechargeable batteries and learn to dispose of old batteries properly.
- Exchange disposable for reusable (lunch box, eating utensils, grocery bags, water bottles, food containers, EVERYTHING!)
- Opt into paperless billing to avoid wasting paper
- Keep your freezer full, they run more efficiently full than they do empty
- When landscaping your yard, choose plants that require small amounts of water to conserve
- Try to find ways to carpool to work and school!
Make Earth Day every day! Our tattoos are printed with vegetable-based inks and are made here in the USA!! Share any ideas you have for conservation and going green in the comments below! Got something out of this world planned for Earth Day this year? Share that in the comments too! Also, use our recycling and environmental earth day temporary tattoos to promote Going Green & Recycling!