For you non-readers, try these videos (from our sister company):
The beauty of temporary tattoos is that they’re temporary! You can change up your temporary tattoos to match your outfit, your mood, or even to fit your schedule.
There are a few tricks you can use to ensure your tattoos go on smooth and are easy to remove when you’re ready for a change. Here are the tips you’ll need to apply and remove temporary tattoos like a pro.
Temporary Tattoo Application
- First cut out the temporary tattoo if it is part of a larger sheet of designs. Cut as close to the artwork as possible.
- Grab a washcloth and run it under water so it is damp, not dripping.
- Then carefully select an area for your tattoo, avoiding places with excessive hair or where your skin sweats or stretches too much. Before application, make sure the skin is clean, dry and free of oils or makeup.
- When you’re ready to apply the design, remove the clear top sheet from the tattoo and position the tattoo on the skin.
- Press the tattoo firmly onto the skin with the design facing down. Then hold the damp washcloth against the back of the tattoo. Press down.
- Dab the washcloth against the tattoo to saturate the entire paper backing. Continue to dab and press for a full thirty seconds. Don’t hurry!
- Very gently peel off the backing paper by taking hold of one corner first and slowly and smoothly peeling the paper away from your skin. Let the area dry completely.
You’ve just expertly applied a temporary tattoo. Now go show off your design to your friends!
Temporary Tattoo Removal
Keep in mind that quality temporary tattoos are designed to withstand soap and water, so have these tattoo removal options handy when you’re ready for a change. There are a few options for removal; however, your most effective and efficient way is to use our Tattoo Gone™ Temporary Tattoo Remover Wipe. Our Removal Wipes are skin-safe and remove any temporary tattoo with ease. Simply unfold and apply the wipe to your temporary tattoo, and gently massage until removed. Our gentle, lemon scented wipes allow you to put on as many temporary tattoos as you want without the mess!
If you are looking for at-home remedies, you’ll need a cotton ball or soft cloth and either rubbing alcohol, baby oil, or eye makeup remover.
- First saturate the cotton swab or soft cloth with rubbing alcohol, baby oil, or eye makeup remover.
- Apply liberally to the tattoo surface. For best results, soak the tattoo with the cotton or cloth for a minute and then gently massage the tattoo in a circular motion. Be patient and do not scrub.
- Still got some stragglers? We’re way ahead of you; Take a piece of house hold tape and wrap it around a few fingers (index and middle fingers work best) with the sticky side out. Use a dabbing motion to pull the little left-overs off of your skin!
Do you have any tips for how to successfully apply and remove temporary tattoos? We want to hear your great ideas in the comments below!