Hey parents, we’ve got a tip for streamlining a favorite kids party activity: face painting. Here’s the scoop, instead of dealing with messy face paint at your next birthday party or backyard bash, try using quick, fun, no-mess temporary tattoos instead.
Why use temporary tattoos instead of face paint? We’re glad you asked.
Temporary Tattoos vs. Face Painting
Here are the benefits of using temporary tattoos instead of face paint:
- Temporary tattoos are applied and dry faster than face paint (within 30 seconds total).
- Temporary tattoos are less messy to apply than face paint. All you need is some water and a wash cloth.
- Unlike face paint, temporary tattoos won’t get onto clothing or smear when kids are jumping and playing in the bouncy castle.
- Temporary tattoos are also water resistant, so sweating, swimming, and water balloon tosses are all ok activities to enjoy while wearing them.
- Unlike face paint, temporary tattoos are just as easy to remove as they are to put on. There’s no mess, you simply apply rubbing alcohol, baby oil or hand sanitizer to a cotton ball and rub the tattoo away.
- With temporary tattoos you won’t have to convince anyone that the splotch you painted on their child’s face is indeed a flower. Temporary tattoos are designed by professional artists so anyone can apply pro-looking artwork!
- With face paint, you get stuck drawing the same boring designs over and over again. Temporary tattoos come in a variety of designs, colors, and options. There are glitter tattoos, name tattoos, butterflies, basketballs, any type of design a kid may want!
Set up a temporary tattoo station or at your next birthday part and watch the kids (and adults!) line up. All you need are tattoos and a wet wash cloth. When ordering temporary tattoos as an alternative to face painting, opt for tattoos under 2 inches by 2 inches in size so they will easy fit onto young party goer’s faces. Each tattoo can be applied in 30 seconds or less. Here’s how to apply temporary tattoos like a pro:
- Peel back the clear top sheet from the tattoo and place the tattoo (design side facing down) against the skin.
- Cover with a wet washcloth for 30 seconds, pressing down firmly on the entire paper backing.
- After 30 seconds, carefully peel back the backing paper from one corner. Let the area dry completely and you’re done!